Sculptra works with your body to help rebuild.
Sculptra is an FDA-approved injectable that helps gradually replace lost collagen—the most common protein in the body that is used to form a framework to support cells and tissue—for results that can last up to two years.1,4,5,6*
Not All Anti-Aging Treatments Are the Same:
Collagen creams: Collagen creams do not fully penetrate to the dermis, so most topical treatments are effective as moisturizers that briefly improve the skin’s appearance.7-9
Collagen Supplements: When ingested, the digestive system breaks down collagen proteins and their effectiveness remains inconclusive.10,11
Toxins: Toxins temporarily weaken muscles to minimize frown lines in the forehead. Results typically last a couple months.12,13
Fillers: Works immediately upon injection to fill in lines, wrinkles and folds.14
- Stein P, Vitavska O, Kind P, Hoppe W, Wieczorek H, Süchurer NY. The biological basis for poly-L-lactic acid-induced augmentation. J Dermatol Sci. 2015;78(1):26–33.
- Goldberg D, Guana A, Volk A, Daro-Kaftan E. Single-arm study for the characterization of human tissue response to injectable poly-L-lactic acid. Dermatol Surg. 2013;39(6):915–922.
- Shuster S, Black MM, McVitie E. The influence of age and sex on skin thickness, skin collagen and density. BR J Dermatol. 1975;93:639-643
- Sculptra injectable poly-L-lactic acid. Instructions for Use. Galderma Laboratories. 2021.
- Narins, Rhoda, Baumann, Lesie et. al. A Randomized Study of the Efficacy and Safety of Injectable Poly-L-lactic Acid Versus Human-Based Collagen implant in the treatment of nasolabial fold wrinkles
- Oikarinen Aging of the Skin Connective Tissue: How To Measure The Biolchemical and mechanical properties of aging dermis. 1994: 10: 47-52 Department of Dermatology, University of Oulu, Finland.
- Ganceviciene R, Liakou AI, Theodoridis A, Makrantonaki E, Zouboulis CC. Skin anti-aging strategies. Dermatoendocrinol. 2012;4(3):308–319.
- Zhang S, Duan E. Fighting against Skin Aging: The Way from Bench to Bedside. Cell Transplant. 2018;27(5):729–738.
- Wrinkle creams: Your guide to younger looking skin. Mayo Clinic website. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/wrinkles/in-depth/wrinkle-creams/art-20047463. Accessed January 17, 2020.
- Vollmer DL, West VA, Lephart ED. Enhancing Skin Health: By Oral Administration of Natural Compounds and Minerals with Implications to the Dermal Microbiome. Int J Mol Sci. 2018;19(10):3059. Published 2018 Oct 7.
- Can collagen supplements help tighten loose skin? Cleveland Clinic website. https://health.clevelandclinic.org/can-collagen-supplements-help-tighten-loose-skin/. Accessed January 17, 2020.
- Botox injections. Mayo Clinic website. https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/botox/about/pac-20384658. Accessed January 17, 2020.
- Wrinkles. Mayo Clinic website. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/wrinkles/diagnosis-treatment/drc-20354931. Accessed December 3, 2019.
- Injectable fillers guide. American Board of Cosmetic Surgery website. https://www.americanboardcosmeticsurgery.org/procedure-learning-center/non-surgical/injectable-fillers-guide/.